Praying Paws: Walking Meditation
August 2 @ 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm
The Unity North Animal Ministry invites you and your leashed animal companions to enjoy a walking meditation through the UNA grounds guided by animal ministry lead, Susan Hayden. Rev. Tammy Billups will begin and close the sacred walk with a meditation.
Unity North Atlanta has lovely grounds for a sacred walk; including a pet memorial garden, labyrinth, organic garden, and connection to a beautiful nature walk.
Music on handpan drums by Metabear. (Sebastian Giles)
UNA Chaplains will be on-site to pray with you and your animal companions.
We will meet at 4pm at the labyrinth. Bring your own “doggy” bags and water, and your own chair if you want to sit for a bit and enjoy the music by Metabear. Social distancing is mandatory for this event.
Recognizing the value of all creatures, particularly those that give us unconditional love and stand by us no matter what, Praying Paws is a regular quarterly service for animal lovers to gather to honor animals and enjoy a pet-related message.
Love offerings will be donated to help homeless animals heal and find forever loving homes. Please donate through the UNA app or website for this service here.
Rain date for this event: 8.9.20
The dogs of UNA wrote the below guidelines for your safety:
– We ask that if you are showing any signs of, or have recently been exposed to coronavirus, that you do not attend. Just stay home and let us love on you until you feel better!
– We require a social distance of at least 6 feet between those not in the same household. However, this does not apply for those beings with fur, tails, and know how to bark with the best of them.
– We suggest, but not require, the use of face masks outside, especially if it is likely you will pass a human within six feet. We will tell you about all the wonderful smells!!!
– We highly recommend human greetings be a prayer pose. You can simply bow to us. (or actually anything else you want to do, we’re easy)
– There won’t be any access to the UNA buildings with the exception of the restrooms. We are sorry that you aren’t able to help hydrate the trees alongside us.
– Heel and follow the instructions of the Top (human) Dogs in charge of this service.
– Give, give, give a love offering through the UNA app or online cuz it will go to help animals!