Welcoming Our Transgender and Non-Binary Neighbors
September 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Welcoming Our Transgender and Non-Binary Neighbors – Part 1
On September 30th, Rev. Linda Herzer and Gabrielle Claiborne will be the facilitators for our Wednesday Night Experience.
Rev. Linda is a strong advocate for the trans community and the author of The Bible and the Transgender Experience: How Scripture Supports Gender Variance (Pilgrim Press, 2016). Gabrielle has been an out and active trans woman since 2010, and is a lifelong church leader. In 2019, the Atlanta Business Chronicle chose her as their Outstanding Voice for Diversity and Inclusion, and in 2018 Gabrielle’s work was featured in Forbes.
This dynamic team co-founded Transformation Journeys Worldwide, a transgender-focused inclusion training and consulting firm. They travel extensively helping corporations, non-profits, medical and mental healthcare providers and religious and educational institutions transform their environments into trans and non-binary inclusive cultures.
During this Wednesday Night Experience with Gabrielle and Linda we will:
- Explore unconscious cultural assumptions about gender, and how they impact our understanding of trans and non-binary people
- Learn basic trans-related terms and identities
- Meet trans and non-binary people of all ages and ethnicities, and their families, thru brief video clips and Gabrielle’s personal story
- Learn the 3 aspects of transitioning: social, legal and physical
- Practice how to interact respectfully with trans and non-binary people
- Have time for Q&A
Rev. Linda’s book will be available for purchase ($18) and for signing.
Rev. Linda Herzer and Gabrielle Claiborne Bios