Meditation Workshop with Mike Marinelli
Thursdays: May 2nd, 9th, and 16th
7 – 9 pm in the Peace Chapel
This meditation workshop is designed for anyone that would like to begin a daily meditation experience. Everyone can benefit from this workshop whether you are a beginner or advanced meditator.
This workshop is structured with 3 classes:
May 3rd: Class I – What is meditation and what is the purpose of meditation?
May 9th: Class II – How do you meditate. What are the various methods and techniques of meditation?
May 16th: Class III – How do you use meditation in your daily life? How is mindfulness used to complement meditation?
Cost is $10 per class.
This workshop will answer many questions and concerns that may need to be addressed for those who need answers and information about meditation.
Some of the main topics of discussion:
• Why would someone want to meditate?
• What is the purpose of meditation?
• Some say, “I can’t meditate because I can’t keep my mind still”. YOU DON’T HAVE TO KEEP YOUR MIND STILL TO MEDITATE!
• What are the various methods of meditation?
• Is meditation a religious practice?
• How do you meditate? For how long?
• How can I integrate meditation into my daily life?
Mike Marinelli, Instructor:
Mike began his meditation practice in 1964 when he was in the Army. He initially began his practice in Zen meditation. In 1969, he studied under Maetsumi Roshi in the L.A. Zen Center. After moving to Berkley, CA in 1973, he began practicing Raja Yoga and met his Guru, Nitya Chaitanya Yati from Southern India. He was initiated into Vedanta yoga by his Guru. He has also studied under Muktananda, Guru Maraji, and Venkatesananda Saraswati.
Most who know Mike know him as a musician who performs every Sunday at the first service at Unity North.