Volunteering is the policy or practice of donating one’s time or talents for charitable, educational, or other worthwhile activities, especially in one’s community.
The most valuable skills you can bring to any volunteer effort are compassion, an open mind, a willingness to do whatever is needed, and a positive attitude.
Benefits of volunteering – ways to feel healthier and happier
- Volunteering connects you to others
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body
- Volunteering can advance your career
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
- Volunteering as a family – shows children firsthand how volunteering makes a difference
How to get the most out of volunteering?
Ask yourself, is there something specific I want to do? I want…
…to make it better around where I live
…to meet people who are different from me
…to try something new
…to do something with my spare time
…to see a different way of life and new places
…to have a go at the type of work I might want to do as a full-time job
…to do more with my interests and hobbies
…to do something I’m good at
The best way to volunteer is to match your personality, skills, and interests. Having answers to these questions will help you determine what would be best for you.
- Ask questions
- Make sure you know what’s expected
- Don’t be afraid to make a change
- And most of all… ENJOY YOURSELF!
Still interested?? Great! Check out all these opportunities!
Thanks for your consideration! We would be most grateful to have you serve.