“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
In the fall of 2017, the members of Unity North were asked to vote on an important issue—should UNA members
- Commit to financial pledges enabling us to stay in our current facility with its anticipated capital replacement costs and potential mortgage increase?
- Authorize the Board of Directors to sell the property?
Several Town Hall Meetings were held to discuss the issue and the final vote was held on October 8, 2017.
The Membership voted to Love It.
Thank you to everyone who attended the meetings, shared your opinions, made a pledge, and voted.
The two original presentations and Questions and Answers are posted below.
Love It or List It Original Presentation – August 6, 2017
Love It or List It Additional Information – August 24, 2017
Answered Questions from August 6 and 13
What do you mean by “Love It or List It?”
- For many years Unity North has managed her finances well but continues to have high facility expenses. With our 20th birthday quickly approaching, our building and grounds are beginning to feel their age. Your Board of Directors and Finance Committee have been brainstorming solutions. Two presentations have been made to the members.
Are you selling the property?
- At this time, we are simply presenting all options to the Membership. As a Board, we have not made any decisions nor do we wish to influence our Membership in any way. This is a time for thoughtful conversation about the future of our facility.
- We recently replaced an HVAC unit at the cost of about $21,000. The roof needs replacement and there are 16 other HVAC units that have been repaired or will need repair or replacement in the coming years. While we do have savings, and we have a Legacy Giving program, we can no longer live “paycheck to paycheck” knowing that the building will continue to age.